Money mindset: Being successfulJun 13, 2021
"You can only become truly accomplished at something you love. Don’t make money your goal. Instead, pursue the things you love doing, and then do them so well that people can’t take their eyes off you.” -Maya Angelou
- Successful in using money to realize your dreams? and/or
- Using money to become happy and wealthy personally or professionally?
If you said yes to either or even both, great! If you said no, now is the time to work on your money mindset.
You see, money can be aligned with your values, can be used for good, and definitely doesn't have to make you feel guilty. And...the real point here is not about money. The point is about doing what is true to you.
It's about doing what you said you would do with ease (The energy of money). This is where many of the folks I work with have trouble. There is this misguided belief that doing what you said you would do (i.e. opening a business, serving people, etc.) has to be a struggle. Don't get me wrong. Ease does not mean work is easy. It simply means there isn't a struggle because you know what you are doing supports what you are supposed to be doing. That you can work hard with ease. Take a moment to ponder this last statement.
Let's talk more about this struggle part. Struggling comes on when the monkey mind sets in, when you procrastinate, and/or you quit. The monkey mind is that internal chatter that says you're not good enough, you're not worthy, it's not going to work, it didn't work last time so it won't work this time, and so on and so on. Sound familiar? The next time this monkey mind starts up, remember it comes into the picture when change is in the air. It's uncomfortable and that's ok. Face that internal chatter and continue on. The monkey mind is also the reason we procrastinate or quit most of the time.
What should you do when the onset of monkey mind occurs?
- Be willing to have an open mind
- Be willing to remember your WHY. Why did you begin doing what you are doing? Are you doing what your doing for the same reasons now? It's possible that you have become so inundated with the hustle bustle that you have forgotten your entire purpose. Say what?!!!
- Be willing to be true to yourself
You might be asking how do I even know what being true to myself means??? Don't worry, I've got you.
Ask yourself some questions.
- What do I really want to do with my life?
- What do I really want to use my money for?
- What are the talents I want to develop?
- Whatever you come up with, I'd love to hear about it. Happy money mindsetting!
Need some guidance with your money mindset. I've got you!
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.